The American Junior Red Poll Association has developed an award program designed to recognize outstanding individuals and their animals based on Junior show placements throughout the exhibition season. This award will be given to the purebred heifer that earns the most points from placing in approved Junior shows.
- All heifers must carry registration papers through the American Red Poll Association and be registered and exhibited in the Junior member’s name.
- Points may accumulate at the National Junior Preview Show, State 4-H and FFA Shows and the National Junior Show (or the equivalent).
- Points are earned during one show season that runs from December 1 – November 30 each year.
- There will be no year-to-year accumulation of points.
- Points will be awarded in accordance with the point schedule for qualifying shows. (See Page 4)
- An individual AJRPA member may nominate no more than two animals for the award each year.
- A nomination fee of $5.00 per individual animal nominated is required in order to be considered for the program awards. All nominations and fees must be received in the American Red Poll Association office by June 1 of the year of eligibility.
- The Exhibitor will submit the Exhibitor Tally Sheet included in this application by November 1st.
- The ARPA Executive Secretary and National Junior Advisor will assist in keeping a running tally of points earned by nominated individuals.
- Presentation of awards will be made at the North American International Livestock Exhibition (NAILE) immediately following the show.
- The award winner will be published in the Red Poll Beef Journal following the respective show season. Please provide a high quality picture to the Executive Secretary.
- Any disputes arising shall be handled by the ARPA Executive Secretary and the National Junior Advisor. Their decision shall be final.